Friday, November 2, 2012

The Internet is written in ink


I have started blogs before. I think one reason that they haven't lasted is that I am intimidated by the thought of saying something that everyone will be able to find forever. What if I say something dumb and it haunts me for the rest of my life? The Internet is written in ink, after all.

Seth Godin calls the fear of taking risks "the lizard brain." The lizard brain is the part of our brain that can't stand being laughed at - that wants to play it safe - that compromises. 

One of my goals with this new blog adventure is to overcome the lizard in my brain and say something. If you laugh or think it's dumb I'm okay with that. I would rather speak my mind and be ridiculed than wonder what might have happened.

At least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment